Tuesday, May 3, 2011

my (not so) green thumb

"The people who you think are really great gardeners are actually people who just don't tell you how many plants they've killed and replaced."        mjs7640

Thank you mjs7640.. commenter on re-nest and maker of my day.  I hope this is true.  I am somewhat notorious for killing plants.  There have been too many to count.. lovely plants that have slowly lost the battle against neglect and disease, over watering or under watering, too much light or not enough.

Understanding that indoor plants do so much good for the air quality in a home, I am trying yet again to have happy plants in the house.  Hopefully these little beauties will not meet the same demise as their predecessors...

random tropicals
I have, in fact, killed so many plants I have a little stash of pretty pots in my cupboard, so I didn't need much in the way of supplies.  I did pick up some white sand and polished stones to pretty up the tops.

succulents
These canning jars were waiting to be returned to my mother-in-law, and instead got re purposed for terrarium-like purposes.  I call these terrariums but I think that term actually refers to enclosed/damp plantings.  I don't know what to call these.  If anyone knows, please fill me in.

aloe 

And finally this little row of aloe plants for use on burns and scrapes.  I am doing my best not to over water the succulents, and not to underwater the tropicals.  If I can manage to keep these beauties happy, I may just treat myself to one of these..


Woolly pocket - wally
I have been admiring the woolly pockets for some time, and I think it would be lovely for herbs near the kitchen.. I even have a wall picked out.  But first I have to figure out how to keep some plants alive.  I'm working on it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You got great points there, that's why I always love checking out your blog.

My blog:
Regroupement de credit aussi Rachat de credit simulation en ligne